Traditions (Hadith) are records of the actions, statements and other historical records of the Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم and his Companions. As these traditions are a key source of Islamic law, thought, culture, and life second only to the Quran itself, a science developed to record, analyze catalog and authenticate them. Students not only learn the jargon and approaches to studying the Hadith literature, but also survey literature in the field and apply classical methodologies themselves, including rote memorization of many traditions and related texts.
- Forty Hadith by Imam al-Nawawi
- Nuzhat al-Nadhar by Hafiz Ibn hajar al-‘Asqalani
- Talkhis fi Ulum al-Hadith by Shaykh Ninowy
- Sharh al-‘Ilal by Imam al-Tirmidhi
- Recitation of Al-Muwatta by Imam Malik ibn Anas