Madina Institute is excited to offer a new program for your child’s Islamic education: Deen Academy!
We have decided to go beyond just Quran Studies, and are now including lessons in Arabic & Islamic Studies.
Classes are taught by qualified & experienced teachers. We will also have teachers assistants to help ensure order and safety in the classes.
Classes begin Aug 20, 2017
- Level 1: Grades 3-4
- Level 2: Grades 5-6
- Level 3: Grades 7-8
- Level 4: High School
Levels 1-3 will have Quran, Arabic & Islamic Studies.
Level 4 will have Arabic, ‘Aqidah & Fiqh classes.
Sundays from 10:30am – 2:30pm
(Students are dismissed after Dhuhr Salah)
Aug 2017-May 2018
We will follow the Gwinnett County School Calendar for holiday/seasonal breaks.
- Must be in grade 3-12
- Must abide by Madina Institute’s rules & guidelines for student conduct (see Waiver/Disclaimer section)
3580 Sweetwater Rd, Duluth, GA 30096
$800 for entire program, per child (payable in 1 installment of $800, or 2 installments of $400). Fees include all text books.
You may pay by cash or check in-person at the masjid. You may submit your payment to our Office Manager, Sara Abu Alrub. Office hours: Mon-Thu 9am-5pm. You may call 770-279-1200 for more info.
Registration deadline: Aug 11th
Late registration fee of $50 after that time.
Seats are limited, therefore you must make your first payment in order to reserve your spot in the class.
By registering my child(ren) for the Deen Academy, I hereby acknowledge the following rules/guidelines as binding on my child(ren) and that failure to abide by these guidelines may result in disciplinary action by Madina Admin, at their discretion. I also release Madina Institute, its hired help, employees or volunteers, of any liability should any harm, injury or damage come to their person or property at any time.
The rules & policies are in place to help ensure the safe and efficient operation of the Institute, but results are not guaranteed.
Rules & Guidelines
These policies are in place in order to improve safety, organization, cleanliness and efficiency of the school.
- Respectful behavior towards teachers, elders and fellow students is a MUST. Name calling, hitting, insults, foul language, and any behavior deemed offensive will not be tolerated at any time.
- Students must come for class in proper, conservative dress, covering their ‘awra. No shorts or sleeveless shirts. Hijab for girls is a must.
- Use of cell phones & electronic devices are not allowed. They must be put away during class hours, and may only be used after 2:30pm. If a student is found playing/using a device, the administration will confiscate the device until the parent comes to pick it up personally.
- Pick-up & Drop-off: To ensure safety, you must park your car and walk in with your child at drop-off time. Please bring your child around 10:15am. Instructional time starts at 10:30am SHARP.
Classes are dismissed at 2pm for clean-up, and 2:15 pm is Dhuhr time. We encourage parents to come and pray in congregation with us. Madina Institute is not responsible for the students after 2:15pm, so please be on-time!
- Students must stay on masjid premises at all times, and may not leave the masjid parking lot without a parent or guardian for any reason.
- Absences will only be excused if the student brings a note from parent/guardian.
- No consumption of food and drink (except water) during class time. Please provide small snack for break time. The masjid is also a NUT-FREE ZONE, for allergy precautions.
- Indoors, students must be sure to keep voices low, walk (don’t run) and behave with calmness & dignity.
- Homework is a must, whether it be memorization, home study or practice. Repeated failure to come prepared to class, with homework done, may result in disciplinary action.
- Restroom breaks are allowed on an individual basis, and are limited to 5 minutes.
- Students have mandatory clean-up at the end of classes after every class. Taking care of the masjid is our duty & honor. : )