An Accelerated Seminary for the Traditional Sacred Sciences
Come see what Madina Institute has to offer – an Islamic seminary unlike any other in the USA!
Madina Institute has met the requirements for exemption from applicable Georgia law as a religious institution.
Currently the Madina Institute USA is not accredited, but as it becomes eligible for accreditation, we will be seeking it with the appropriate accrediting agencies.
What makes Madina Institute unique?
-Even in just one year, the accelerated program covers upto 2-3 years worth of material in a traditional seminary or madrasa
-Direct access to the scholars: brothers & sisters get to spend time with them in & out of the classroom setting so they may learn from their knowledge, experience and character
-The comprehensive curriculum covers all the 7 basic sciences of Islamic knowledge, giving you a solid grounding in your faith
-Madina exposes you to different perspectives and empowers you with the tools to navigate the different texts and resources
-Enjoy a transformative experience that blends ‘Ilm (knowledge) & ‘Amal (action)
Your daily life at Madina will be busy, but fruitful insha’Allah. Each week day starts with 4 hours of Arabic classes, which are designed to be engaging, interactive, and offer you plenty of time to practice and ask questions. Then you break for Dhuhr around 2pm. Your afternoon classes are spent with Shaykh Ninowy (who will instruct in subjects such as Usul al-Fiqh, ‘Aqidah and Hadith) and/or with another scholar who will teach their respective area of specialty (in modules). Students usually go home around 5pm, and spend their evenings revising notes, reading, eating and relaxing. Depending on the availability of visiting scholars, you may have some classes on the weekend in order to complete syllabus material. Other time on weekends is usually spent taking care of normal errands, household chores, and occasional leisure activities.
We aim to make your educational experience (Tarbiya) well-rounded with:
– Academic Study (Ta’leem): Comprehensive study of the core sciences that will give you a strong foundation and clear direction in the world
– Worship (‘Ibada): Your heart will fall in love with the tranquility of Madina Institute’s masjid atmosphere, where you spend your days & nights learning, praying, reading and in remembrance (dhikr)
– Service (Khidma): On the weekends, students get opportunities to serve the community, whether by teaching, outreach, or other volunteering
– Companionship (Suhba): Spending your time with scholars and other students of knowledge helps to make it a truly transformative experience. Steep your heart in the Baraka of the People of Knowledge.
What is intellectual perspective of Madina’s curriculum?
–Academic & Non-dogmatic: Our scholars will help you study issues of the Deen from a myriad of perspectives, encourage you to ask questions, learn to think critically & logically while giving matters proper context and empowering you to make informed decisions in whatever you choose to follow.
– Ahl al-Sunnah wal-Jama’a: We adhere to the traditional teachings based strictly on the Prophetic Sunnah & the path of his followers and the pious predecessors. We teach Fiqh (Legal Jurisprudence) based on the 4 madhahib (Hanafi, Shafi’i, Maliki & Hanbali schools of thought), and ‘Aqidah based on the Maturidi, Ash’ari and Athari schools.
– The Quran & Authentic Sunnah: The primary textual sources we use to evaluate everything in Islam are prioritized as follows: The Quran, the authentic hadiths, scholarly consensus (ijmaa’), and to a lesser extent Analogy (Qiyas) as long as it is aligned with the first two primary scriptural sources.