Job Opening: Full-Time Resident Imam
Madina Institute USA seeks a full-time resident Imam at its location in Duluth, GA.
Madina Institute serves as a masjid, seminary and community center. We are a chapter of the globally-renowned Madina Institute that currently holds a strong presence spanning 4 continents (See www.MadinaInstitute.com). We strive to create a positive, spiritual, education and social environment that is welcoming for all ages and backgrounds. We are seeking an energetic and inspiring Imam with a passion for community growth and youth development.
- Lead at least Fajr, Maghrib & ‘Isha prayers out of the daily prayers as well as Jumu’ah, Eid and other prayers as needed. Make sure that someone is scheduled in advance to lead other prayers.
- Hold one general halaqa per week for the public.
- Lead one youth-oriented social/sporting event per week that incorporates a spirituality component.
- Provide youth mentoring.
- Conduct or arrange at least one relevant topic workshop per month e.g. Zakah, Hajj, marriage, domestic violence, etc.
- Implement, lead, provide direction or arrange masjid educational programs and Quran classes.
- Maintain convenient office hours during the week at the masjid for community members to seek counsel and guidance.
- Represent Madina Institute in interfaith dialogue and public relations events.
- Promote and foster unity and inclusiveness among community members by encouraging participation in team-building activities, volunteering opportunities and other community events.
- Work as a team with the seminary and other masjid department leaders.
Characteristics & Abilities
- American citizen with a valid driver’s license
- Excellent public speaking, presentation, verbal and written communication skills with a strong command of the English language
- Energetic and likeable demeanor with ability to lead, attract and interact with all age groups and genders in a positive manner
- Proven ability to network with internal and external communities
- Proficient with current technology and social networking, along with a passion for further development
- Flexible Schedule
Education & Experience
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Islamic Studies or similar qualification from a reputable educational institute
- Competent in classical Arabic with a qualification from a reputable educational institute
- Hafidh of the Quran
- Minimum of one year experience as an Imam or Islamic Studies educator
- Minimum of one year experience working with Muslim youth in North America