The 1-Year Part-Time Arabic Language Program provides you with a strong foundation in the Arabic Language. We integrate classical Quranic Arabic with Modern Standard Arabic in our unique curriculum. By the end of this course you’ll have a solid basis in understanding the Quran & basic Islamic texts.
This course is for beginner & intermediate levels. No matter where you stand, our teachers will help you grow and thrive. Here is some of what to expect:
- You’ll get 6 hours of instruction time per week – that’s 24 hours per month of engaging, interactive learning!
- Learn 4 skills: Listening, Speaking, Reading & Writing using authentic resources
- Learn basic classical grammar and get familiar with some language patterns
- Access to a variety of online materials to enhance your skills
- Learn conversational Arabic and vocabulary related to daily life
- Enrich your vocabulary by reading texts with Islamic content
- Get weekly homework support
- Upon completing the entire course you’ll receive a certificate and may qualify for credit towards the Associate’s & Bachelor’s degree programs.
The course will be taught by Ustadh Fahd Yasin, an advanced student of Arabic and graduate of the Madina Institute Islamic Studies Degree 1-year Program.
Us. Fahd earned his Bachelor’s degree in Psychology and a minor in Biology from St. Louis University, and started his M.A. in Clinical Psychology at MSU. After taking a hiatus from the Master’s program, he graduated from Madina Insttitute’s Islamic Studies program in 2016-2017.
At the end of the year he took two internationally standardized exams in the Arabic language: the ACTFL Assessment (AAPPL) and the Pro-Fluent Plus Test. He received a score of “Advanced Proficiency” in both exams in all four core areas: speaking, writing, reading comprehension and listening.
Fahd has extensive experience in teaching. He spent a summer teaching English in Turkey and also 2 years teaching math & communication arts to inner-city students in St. Louis, MO. Most recently he taught Arabic in the 2017 Ramadan Arabic Intensive here at Madina Inst.
He is currently continuing Quran studies while working as a medical scribe, and teaching Arabic at Madina- for the Part-Time Arabic program and also for youth in the weekend Deen Academy.
The course is custom designed by Ustadha Egbal Almahatwary, a native Arabic speaker, experienced linguist, and passionate teacher and researcher from Sana’a, Yemen.
She holds both a master’s and bachelor’s in Arabic language and literature from Sana’a University, where she studied under linguists and professors such as the famous Yemeni poet and writer Dr. Abdul Aziz Al-Maqaleh. Her experience encompasses a combined thirteen years of experience in teaching, annotating, and conducting research in the Arabic language. Read more
Course starts October 3, 2017
Classes are held twice a week, for local residents only:
Tuesdays & Thursdays, 6:30 – 9:30pm
October 3, 2017 – May 10, 2018
- Must be age 16+
- (No prior knowledge of Arabic alphabet or reading required)
3580 Sweetwater Rd, Duluth, GA 30096
- $750 Course Fee. (That is an average of $93.75 per month) You can pay in full upfront or in 2 installments of $375 per semester.
- $75 for books (one time only)
- No Application Fee
You may pay by cash, check or credit card at the masjid – please see sister Sara, our Office Manager, to do so. Please make your first installment as soon as possible to reserve your spot in class. Seats are limited!